1 August: UPDATED at 1300 GMT -
There is still no clear information about the latest incidents on the line of contact separating Armenian and Azerbaijani forces in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone. The Azerbaijani side has confirmed that it has suffered considerable casualties but there is confusion on the number of those involved.
Agence France Presse earlier reported that fourteen Azerbaijani soldiers were killed overnight. The usually well informed Azerbaijani News Agency, APA, put the numbers between 8 and 9. It however later ran a story from the Azerbaijani Defence Ministry saying that there were eight fatalities over three days.
Armenian sources insist that the deaths happened when their forces repulsed an Azerbaijani incursion. They had earlier reported two fatalities between Wednesday and Thursday night.
US Co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Process, Ambassador James Warlick tweeted that he was seriously concerned with the news and insisted that the cease fire needs to be respected.
(source: commonspace.eu with agencies)
1 August: There are reports of a serious incident on the line of contact separating Armenian and Azerbaijani forces in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone. The Azerbaijani side says it has repulsed an attempted incursion by Armenian forces and that eight of its soldiers have been killed. It also reports Armenian casualties. There is no comment yet from the Armenian side. If these reports are confirmed this would constitute the most serious incident on the line of contact since the cease-fire came into affect in 1994........ More shortly.
"Armenia will focus on the expansion of economic cooperation in the BSEC region, and will promote the agenda through existing mechanisms in the upcoming six months", Foreign Minister Nalbandian told the organisation's Ministerial Council at its meeting in Kiev.