News
Azerbaijani civilians killed in serious incidents on Karabakh line of contact
04 July 2017

There are reports of serious incidents on the line of contact in the Karabakh conflict zone on Tuesday (4 July). Azerbaijan says that one woman and one child were killed as a result of Armenian shelling, and other civilians were injured. The incident is reported to have happened in Alhanly village in the district of Fizuli 

A report by the Azerbaijani Ministry fo Defence says that "at about 20.40 the Armenian Armed Forces opened fire from 82- and 120-millimeter mortars, rocket-propelled grenades and heavy machineguns " 

The report says that Gulieva Sahiba born in 1967, and Gulieva Zahra born in 2015 were killed and that Guliyev Sarvinaz born in 1965 was injured.

The Armenian side has so far not reported the incident, but a statement by the Defence Ministry of the self-declared Nagorno-Karabakh Republic accused Azerbaijan of firing TR107 rocket propelled howitzer guns in the southern area of the line of contact at around the same time.

source:commonspace.eu with agencies

 

 

TOP